Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Greatest Gift

WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST

.

I would be shocked to find out most of us haven't been in this situation. When we have some feelings of disappointment because "Santa" didn't bring us what we wanted. Although as we grow and come to understand the "GREAT GIFT" of Christ, we hold close to ourselves what is most precious and sweet. God so loved the world he sent His son, His Son so loved the father he gave himself for you and for me, we in return can show our love by keeping His commandments. As Christians we celebrate His birthday, and come together with our families. We show our love for him, and by so doing, he gives his love bringing the Spirit of Christmas into our homes. The power of unifying family is the Gift. "Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than things. To catch the real meaning of the “spirit of Christmas,” we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the “Spirit of Christ.”
--Thomas S. Monson--
I love my Savior, and I am ever needful for His love and support. I know He gazes over my trials, he understands my weaknesses, and feels the disappointment when I sin. I am ever grateful for the blessings in my life and family. Christ is Gods Gift for this world. What can WE give back to him this Christmas season? I leave these things with you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Amen.. I love my Savior so very much. He truly is the greatest gift we could have asked for. Ive been thinking alot about what i wanted to give Him for Christmas. I prayed about it and woke up on morning and the first thing i thought was the Christmas gift i could give Him. I know this is something that He would like for me to do and i am going to do my best at giving Him this gift.. Im grateful for a loving Father in Heaven to send us His son as a gift to all of us. I will be eternally grateful!

    ReplyDelete