Tuesday, May 24, 2011

TRUST AND FAITH


As I have been pondering these past few weeks there are two principles that cross my mind.  FAITH and TRUST!  We teach these two principles everyday as we invite our brothers and sisters to follow Jesus Christ and learn more about the restored gospel.  What a fantastic message we share to all those who will receive it!!  What more could you give to someone who needs this embracing news?!!  I love this great news, Christ changes my life everyday.  How does Christ Change your life everyday?


I often ask myself; is my sacrifice good enough for him Who gave all?  Is this all I can do?  Can I do more?
  There is always more we can be doing, but we must be able to recognize our own potential and where we are currently standing.  This is why we self evaluate and set goals.   We set goals to always have increase spiritually, physically, mentally, or in our day to day work.  It all comes back to "how can we become more like the Savior?" 

I have the feeling many of us get caught up in the"end result."  There is much more success to be had than that of what the world may see as "success" or "popular''.  We all know the pearl of great price in not found at the end of our journey but during.  Although it may be hard to see, we must see afar of and TRUST in the Lord.  The Pearl is found through our trials, struggles, and difficulties.  Elder Todd D. Christofferson  told us of a story given by President Hugh B. Brown years ago about grooming a currant bush.

". . . he came across a currant bush that had grown over six feet (1.8 m) high and was yielding no berries, so he pruned it back drastically, leaving only small stumps. Then he saw a drop like a tear on the top of each of these little stumps, as if the currant bush were crying, and thought he heard it say:

“How could you do this to me? I was making such wonderful growth. … And now you have cut me down. Every plant in the garden will look down on me. … How could you do this to me? I thought you were the gardener here.”

President Brown replied, “Look, little currant bush, I am the gardener here, and I know what I want you to be. I didn’t intend you to be a fruit tree or a shade tree. I want you to be a currant bush, and someday, little currant bush, when you are laden with fruit, you are going to say, ‘Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for loving me enough to cut me down.’

 There are times in our lives when we become overgrown and the Lord will prune his vineyard to bring about the salvation of many.  Indeed it may hurt, as President Brown mentioned, but the Lord knows all.  He sees afar off and knows.  Let us Trust in the Lord and His tender mercies, Let us work as valiant and hard as we can.  Don't be discouraged, but put your faith in Him to help you in your work.  You are successful missionaries as you push, set goals, and strive to accomplish the means which the Lord has instore for you.  The "end result" is your FAITH and TRUST in Jesus Christ.  He will make you who you need to become.  Remember the words of Nephi;

I, Nephi was desirous also that might see, and hear, and know of these things. . . . For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost . . ." 

As we diligently seek our Savior, "doing all we can do" for our brothers and sisters, the Lord will provide.  It is His promise!!  I know these things to be true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



Your Brother and fellow missionary,

Elder Cameron Wright

2 comments:

  1. We all think of having Faith in our Lord, but how often do we really consider how much we Trust Him? They are intricately tied together, but both distinct and important. I have faith, which brought me out here. But it is trust that keeps me through the hard days. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, but you need to fix the spelling on "receive" on the second line. Keep up the good work. You missionaries are amazing!

    ReplyDelete