Sunday, February 13, 2011

Build me a bridge

"Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it."  What a profound statement, usually taken in the sense of  ignorant feelings towards someone.  "Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it" is used in terms of taking your problems ("cry me a river") and whipping yourself in shape ("build me a bridge") until you master whatever it that is bothering you ("get over it").
In the very real situations of life, trials come, and trials go.  I guess you could say, "life happens" when we don't always know the outcome.  Unfortunately, there are some of us who are born into grief, with a troubled family.  There are some who are blessed with loving parents in homes which are not broken.  The rivers of life that separate us from happiness are growing wide and with swift current.  At times we may feel or believe we cannot cross these grand rapids of crushing water walls.  We stand alone on one side of the river crying for help, when all we see are flowers and pasture fields on the other side.  We also see happiness, families close together, triumph and success.  How do we obtain such happiness?


God is our loving Heavenly Father, and he needs us on the side of happiness, but the trials of life are in our way (the river).  Can we sail this river with a slow current and calm wind? or swim without being pulled down into the depths?  If we really tried ourselves we could not make it.  So how are we to attain this happiness and "get over it"?  How are we to be who God wants us to be? 
 It is through our Savior Jesus Christ and by his Grace we can build "bridges" over the rushing calamities of day to day life. 

Watch this video. 

We must not give up now, we have come this far.  Let us trust in the Lord who has overcome the world, He has built a bridge over every river, small stream, and straits of life.  Take his hand, live the gospel, trust in Him, and take the first step on the bridge. I promise you, it will make you happy.  I know these things to be true.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! I'm grateful for the Atonement and how it has helped me get over things and be happy. I'm grateful for all the missionaries that are sharing that message with the world.

    ReplyDelete